Friday, October 24, 2014

Crocheted Candy Corn Bunting | A Pattern


I discovered recently, that I am not only addicted to eating candy corn in the fall, but I'm also slightly obsessed with the look of the sweet little treat too.



It's like the unnofficial symbol of Fall... You know, after pumpkins, and apples, and leaves and whatnot.

Anyhow, I think you all know by now how much I adore a good festive garland, so I created this super cute candy corn bunting to add a fun little seasonal touch to Max's bedroom. Hearing Max shout "candy corn!!!" as soon as he saw it, confirmed that my yarn version is a pretty good little replica.




Materials:
Scrap yellow, orange, and white worsted weight yarn
Size H (US) crochet hook
Large yarn needle

Instructions:
With yellow yarn, chains 10 plus 1 (11 chains)

hdc in 2nd chain from hook and each chain across (10 hdc's), chain 1 and turn.

hdc in each stitch across (10 hdc), chain 1 and turn.

hdc first 2 stitches together (if you are unfamiliar with this step, watch this video), hdc 6, hdc last 2 stitches together. Switch to orange yarn, chain 1, turn.

hdc in each stitch across (8 hdc), chain 1, turn.

hdc first 2 stitches together, hdc 4, hdc last 2 stitches together. Chain 1, turn.

hdc in each stitch across (6 hdc). Chain 1, turn.

hdc first 2 stitches together, hdc 2, hdc last 2 stitches together. Switch to white yarn, chain 1, turn.

hdc in each stitch across (4 hdc), chain 1, turn.

hdc 2 stitches together, hdc 2 stitches together, tie off and weave in all yarn ends.

To create a bunting, I simply chain stitched until I achieved the length I wanted my bunting to be. In this case, I opted to keep it small, with only 3 crocheted candy corns, so I chained 100, plus 1 to turn. I then single crocheted 35, and slip stitched into the 10 yellow stitches at the widest part of each candy corn. I didn't leave any spaces between the candy, so 30 slip stitches, and then 35 more single crochets.

You can make as many candies as you'd like, make the bunting any length, or even use the candies as cute little coasters. They work up pretty easily and quickly!

Have fun with it, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
-J


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics