Monday, September 21, 2015

Our Weekend

Happy Monday, friends!  I live for fall weekends, and although I know it isn't "officially" fall yet, this weekend, it sure felt like it was.

After a week with temperatures in the high 80's, it finally cooled off on Sunday, giving the air that autumn crispness that I wait all summer for.


So, with my PSL in hand, we headed out to enjoy Farm Fest... complete with hayride, piglet sightings, and fresh apple cider!

M&E had an absolute blast, and to be honest, so did Mike and I.





After all of that fun, it was back home for an afternoon full of football and lounging on the couch.

I cooked our favorite brisket, and we had sandwiches for dinner, which was followed by a nice early bedtime!

We kicked off Monday with our usual trip to Target (shocker, I know), where we picked up the ingredients to make our favorite ranch pretzels, and perused their amazing fall decor line!



I thought I would share our recipe for the ranch pretzels... I know there are about a million of these on Pinterest, and they all vary slightly, but this is how I make them.  We like them extra ranch-y, and these usually don't last more than a day around here!

Ranch Pretzels

1, 1 pound bag of pretzels (mini, sticks, nuggets, whichever you choose)
1 packet of ranch salad dressing mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp dry dill weed
1 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together all ingredients, but pretzels.
Pour pretzels into a gallon-sized ziplock bag, and pour seasoning and oil mixture into bag, moving around so that all pretzels get coated in seasoning (you can certainly do this in a large bowl, but I'm a big fan of any method that results in less dishes).
Spread pretzels into an even layer onto large baking sheet.
Bake for 40 minutes, stirring around every 15 minutes or so.
Allow to cool, and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics