Saturday, May 24, 2014

Ella Rose Is One Month Old

I remember when I was pregnant with Max, how I used to shrug off comments like, "Enjoy every moment, it goes by so fast," or "before you know it, he'll be graduating from high school, and heading off to college." At the time, those words of wisdom weren't really relevant to me, seeing as my child was still growing in my belly, and 9 months seemed to be taking forever to pass by.


Fast forward almost 2 years, and 2 babies later, and comments like these are still getting shrugged off... This time though, it's because I have come to realize how true the statements are, and I loathe the constant reminder. Max will be 2 in a little over a month, and Ella Rose has just reached the one month milestone. If you want time to pass quickly, then have a couple of kids... This seriously has to have been the shortest month of my life thus far.


Having a newborn again, truly made me realize just how much Max has grown over the last 22 months. Picking him up after holding Ella makes him feel like a hundred pounds. Seeing just how helpless a newborn is, while watching a toddler's indepent streak grow by the day is numbing. Everything about Max now seems huge compared to Ella's teeny tininess.


I would have to say one of the greatest lessons I've learned through having children, is to document everything with photos. I am obnoxious when it comes to posting on Facebook and Instgram, and my children constantly have a camera or an iPhone in their faces, capturing a moment... But truly, nothing makes me happier then to be able to look back at photos and recall a special memory. I found this quote on Pinterst, and couldn't love it more! It's so true.


This first month with Ella has been magical in every way. It's so fun to see the differences and similarities in having a baby girl this time around. She is such a calm and good natured baby, until she is hungry, and then she lets you know with a high pitched shriek of a cry.

Her head of hair still amazes me every time I look at her... It's as if God knew that this girl's mama has an obsession with hair accessories, and gave her the perfect locks to make her the best little model ever. As of right now she has these beautiful big blue eyes... I'm not sure if they'll stick around, or if they'll end up brown like the rest of ours, only time will tell.

She makes the cuties little sounds and faces, and I could put off my mile-long to do list and just sit and watch her forever. If only time would allow it.


For now though, you can be certain that I will be catching and documenting all of these precious changes through photos. It is my way of perpetuating the whole "living in the moment" thing, and having something to look back on as this special time rapidly passes by... And when I'm not photographing, I'll be spending every spare moment I have snuggling these tiny humans while they let me, because that too is privelage that I don't want to pass by too quickly.

Hope you're treasuring the moments with your littles... Today, and every day!
-J



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics