Saturday, April 12, 2014

Avocado Jack Pizza

Pregnant or not, I crave Mexican food. A lot. It's one of my most favorite things in the whole world.

When I lived in Maine, one of my favorite restaurants, where I also used to waitress back in my college days, offered a grilled tortilla topped with all kinds of Mexican goodness on their appetizer menu. 

A few years ago, I found myself desperately craving this "crisp", as it was called, and knew that I must find a way to recreate it.


This avocado jack pizza combines a few of my most favorite things... Cheese, avocado, salsa fresca... And of course, cheese.


The combination of warm, fresh out of the oven ingredients, topped off with cool crisp lettuce and a spicy chipotle cream sauce, are a match made in heaven.


The recipe isn't an exact science, as I'm constantly changing it, or just working with items I have on hand, but I want to share it with you, and you can omit or add things as you please. 

Avocado Jack Pizza
Ingredients:
1 Boboli thin pizza shell (sometimes I also use fresh pizza dough, or large flour tortillas, be creative)
1.5 cups grated Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese
1 tomato, diced
1/2 large red onion, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 Tbs fresh lime juice
2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
1 cup chopped or shredded iceberg lettuce
***for the dressing/sauce:
1/4 cup of your favorite ranch dressing
1 Tbs of the sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce, or Tobasco brand chipotle flavored hot sauce ( use more or less here depending on how much spice you prefer, the consistency should be thin enough to drizzle over the pizza)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees for Boboli shell, or follow directions for your favorite pizza dough.
Combine tomato, onion, avocado, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl.
Top pizza with shredded cheese, then top with tomato/avocado mixture.
Bake in oven 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly brown.
Remove pizza from oven and top with chopped lettuce.
Mix ranch dressing and chipotle sauce in a small bowl, and drizzle over top of pizza.
Enjoy!

*** As I mentioned, this pizza isn't an exact science. This is how it was prepared pictured here. We have also cooked it on the grill, and used various different crusts... Like I said before, be creative. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I also wanted to share this recipe for baked vanilla donuts from averiecooks.com.  We had these for breakfast this past Saturday morning, and they were amazingly delicious, and super easy to prepare.

You can find the recipe here




Hope you enjoy these goodies as much as we did!
-J



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics