Thursday, September 17, 2015

Maine Rewind


It seemed appropriate, today being #tbt and all, that I throw it back a week... to last Thursday... when we were still on vacation in Maine.

For those of you who are new around here, or didn't already know, I was born and raised in Maine, and it was my belief, for most of my life anyway, that I would live in Maine until the day I died... But then along came a boy from Pittsburgh, or so the story goes, and before I knew it, I was in love and packing my bags to relocate and be with my future husband.

Fast forward several years, many moves, and a couple of kids later, and it seems I have now become a tourist in my beloved home state.





Last week we packed up the car, and took off with the M&E for a week long vacation in Kennebunkport, where we rented the most adorable, nautical themed, cottage I have ever laid eyes on.






If you have never been to Maine, I highly suggest you go if you ever get the chance (particularly in the summer months).  I am by no means a world traveler, but I have seen my fair share of US states, and I can say with absolute certainty that Maine possesses a multitude of attractions that you have to see in person to truly appreciate.  Of course I may be biased, but I honestly took my surroundings for granted when I was a resident of the state.  It is only now, as an adult, and a "tourist", that I have truly learned to appreciate what it's like to spend time somewhere where natural beauty is so abundant.

I could literally go on and on about how charming Maine is, and how stunning the views of the ocean are, but I'll let this overload of photos speak for itself.






Our week was chalk-full of lobster boat rides, drives along the coast, trips to the beach, seafood dinners, shopping in various boutiques and shops, and visiting with family and friends.  It was as relaxing as you can imagine a vacation with a one year old and three year old could be... Between chasing Ella up and down the beach as she chased after seagulls, yelling "hi birdie!", and watching as Max learned all about catching "monsters" (lobsters), but my heart was so full!  Seeing my kids and my husband enjoying all of the things that I grew up around and considered so commonplace, made me feel complete... that and the fact that I got to smell and breath fresh ocean air for a full 7 days.

Maine will always hold a piece of my heart, and even though I may not live there year round, and now only get to visit, I will always consider it home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics