Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Final Bumpdate


I was hopeful that by this point, I would no longer be writing about my baby bump, and that I would have willingly moved on to posting about an actual baby... one that we had happily welcomed into the outside world, and that I was finally able to hold in my arms as I tried to type away on my laptop.

By this time in my first two pregnancies, I was already back home with my sweet little bundles, so naturally I assumed that baby number three would be making an early entrance into the world as well... however, seeing as I am a day away from being 40 weeks pregnant, it has become obvious, that that will not be the case this time around.

I have been trying anything and everything in terms of inducing labor... old wives tales, things that seemed to work for me in the past, and what the medical professionals have told me to do in order to get things "moving along".  Spicy food, long walks, squats, bouncing on an exercise ball, among other things... you name it, I've tried it, and yet this baby still seems content to remain on the inside.

So, here I am, writing my final "bumpdate", and what I'm hoping will be my last blog post Pre-Baby K3 (as my witty cousin has so appropriately nicknamed him).


It's probably pretty obvious at this point that I feel beyond HUGE.  The fact that my 3 year old has to help me put my socks on, and that my maternity shirts are all quickly becoming crop tops, are clear indicators of that. I can no longer wear my wedding rings to bed, because if I do, I wake up with sausage fingers that feel like they are being strangled by pretty diamond bands.  My feet and legs have not yet become swollen, so at least there's that (glass is half full perspective).


As far as cravings go at this point... there aren't many.  My appetite is quickly dwindling due to lack of space for food.  I'm living off of popsicles and cereal these days, and hopeful that this diet will help jumpstart some sort of post-baby weight loss.  I am forcing myself to eat some incredibly spicy, heartburn inducing, foods though, since I swear to this day, that chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are what put me into labor with Max.  No such luck thus far.

A good night's sleep is getting harder and harder to come by, as it's nearly impossible to get comfortable, and I am up every few hours to use the restroom.  As you can imagine, my husband is loving being roommates these days!

At my last Doctor's appointment (almost a week ago now), I was still sitting pretty at 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, where I had been for the past 2 appointments... however I feel confident in saying that if I do make it to my appointment this coming Friday, I have a good feeling that things have progressed at least a little bit (pray for me).


In all seriousness though... complaining, whining and moaning aside... as much as I would prefer for this pregnancy to reach an end point, I am trying to be patient.  I'm savoring the kicks (even though I am enduring some pretty swift blows as of late), loving the sweet belly kisses from M&E, and relishing the joys of growing a human, because I am fully aware from experience, that once this bump is gone, I will long for it again in the future.

From here on out, I am putting my faith in God and His timing, and know full well, that when our little guy is ready to arrive, he undoubtedly will.  I am certain that as soon as he does, the frequent bathroom trips, dreadful heartburn, and overall discomfort will all be a distant memory.

Baby K3, we are so ready to meet you... whenever you decide you are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics