Monday, March 24, 2014

Crocheted Easter Egg Garland

In case you haven't picked up on it by now, I have a slight obsession with holiday themed garlands.

After making a crocheted shamrock garland to hang on our mantle for St. Patrick's Day, I was determined to come up with one for Easter as well.


I played around a little bit, and finally came up with what I think is a pretty simple pattern to create these adorable Easter eggs.


Thankfully, due to my yarn hoarding habit, I had plenty of scrap yarn on hand, and ended up crocheting a total of 8 eggs.  You can make as many or as few as you'd like.  I think they'd look great individually hung as well.

Here's what I did:

using worsted weight yarn and a size H crochet hook, form a magic ring.  If you don't know how to do this, you can find a video tutorial here.

Inside the magic ring, make 10 sc.  Join with a slip stitch in top of first stitch (10 st).
Round 1-
Ch 2, dc in same (first) stitch.
2 dc in next 2 st.
3 trc in next st.
2 dc in the next 3 st
1 dc, 1 hdc in the next 2 stitches.  Slip stitch in top of first stitch to join (19 st).
Round 2-
Ch 2
Hdc in the next 4 stitches.
2 hdc in the next 2 stitches.
2 dc in the next 2 stitches.
2 hdc in the next 2 stitches.
Hdc in the next 9 stitches. Slip stitch in top of first stitch to join.
Break off yarn, leaving a little to weave in end.

For the garland, using 2 strands of yarn at the same time, I chained 150.  I then threaded that strand through the backs of the eggs, using a crochet hook.

You can make this garland as long or as short as you would like.

If you use this pattern, I would love to see the finished product, and by all means, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
-J




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics