Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Max's "Big Boy" Bedroom Inspiration

{Some Pinterest Inspiration photos: top left via, top right via, bottom left via, bottom right via}

We are about to make a big transition in our house folks.  The time has come to move our 2.5 year old "baby" out of his crib, and into a "big boy" bed.

Seeing as he has never once tried to climb out of his crib, and that he seems quite content in there, this may be a move we will immediately regret, but the timing just feels right to us.

The big event hasn't happened just yet, but we are in the final stages of planning, and hope to both start and finish this little project in the very near future.

So... assuming that 2015 is the year that I finally get my act together, my plan is to share both a before and after of Max's room, and eventually give you a little tour of the rest of our home, once it is clear of all of the holiday clutter.  Presumably it will still likely be a disaster of epic proportions, given all of the new stuff we brought in over Christmas, but that's neither here nor there, and through the magic of photo editing and good camera angles, I hope to find a way to make our house look as presentable as possible to all of you.

In the mean time, I have been pinning like crazy on Pinterest, and my head is spinning with ideas on how I want this crazy transition to go down, so I thought I'd share some of my ideas here on the blog. The overall vision is a primary colored, automobile theme, because Max is obsessed with cars.

***By all means, if any of you have any insight to offer on how to help make all of this go as smoothly as possible, please feel free to comment... I need all the help I can get these days.



Max's room is currently painted a shade of green, and I am toying with the idea of painting.  I'm not sure that I want to make more work for myself, as the current color of his walls matches the new palette I plan on working with.  If we do decide to paint, some of the colors I am considering are pictured above. We used Revere Pewter for Ella's nursery, and I love the color, so we'll see.

The furniture we will be using is actually my husband's childhood bedroom set, which I may leave exactly as is, or update with some new oil rubbed bronze hardware.


As for the bedding, we bought Max this sheet set for Christmas, and I plan on making him a color block quilt to match. I am also on the lookout for some cool car art work, perhaps a sort of vintage-y watercolor car print, or something like that, and have even been thinking some road signs might add a fun touch.

We also have an old toy chest that I would like to utilize in his room, to hide the obnoxious amount of toys that are beginning to take over our house.  I cannot decide for the life of me, whether I want to leave it the dark stained wood color it is now, or if I want to paint it gray.

Max's Anywhere Chair (print no longer available)


Aside from that, I would like him to have a small reading nook where I can put his Anywhere Chair, and I am considering staining wooden crates and adding castors to the bottoms to use as book/additional toy storage.

For now, that's about as far as I've gotten in the planning stages in the midst of the crazy holiday season, but I will definitely be sharing the progress with you in the near future.

Here's to hoping it all goes smoothly (fingers crossed)!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics