Saturday, April 11, 2015

Swoon Worthy


This past week was chalk-full of that typical April-showers-bring-May flowers kind of weather. We've had temps as high as the 70's and then as low as the 40's (whomp whomp).  We've had thunder storms and rain so heavy, that the other night we lost our power while I was right in the middle of preparing dinner, and Mike was just about to start working on the bathroom renovation (which, by the way, I am beyond over at this point).

We've gotten to spend a fair amount of time outside, swinging, drawing with sidewalk chalk, and chasing bubbles from the bubble machine that the Easter Bunny brought for Max and Ella.  

This warmer weather always makes me feel so much more motivated to be out and about, and it certainly makes things so much easier, when you crew includes 2 tiny humans who are pretty much helpless when it comes to getting dressed and out the door. Saying goodbye to the cold means saying goodbye to heavy coats, and hats, and to that, I say Amen.

Since last year at this time I was 9 months pregnant, I didn't get to indulge in a lot of fun spring shopping, but I'm certainly making up for it this year.

Here's what I'm loving as of late...


1.  I am obsessed with Tazo's iced passion tea, so when I found this concentrated version of it at Target, I was beyond thrilled. I love it combined with just water, but combining it with equal parts lemonade is life changing, trust me!

2.  This tank top... I'm in love!


3.  I'm pretty sure I've posted about these bowls before, but I can't get enough, and keep going back for more.


4.  So, my BFF turned me on to this salty caramel flavored peanut butter, and it is insanely good. I love it on granny smith apples.


5.  Head-over-heels, doesn't even come close to describing how in love I am with my new monogrammed Downing Tote.  I snagged it on sale, and even though it was a bit of a splurge for me, I don't even feel guilty about the purchase, because the style of it is so classic and timeless, that I know I will be using it for years to come.


6.  Yet another awesome item from Boom Chicka Pop... we stumbled upon these new "bites" the other day, and just had to try them! Yum.



7.  Is there anything better than the smell of fresh lilacs in the spring?  I think not.  This soap smells so, so good!

8.  You guys know how much I love handmade shops.  I'm always swooning over the items from this one.  They're offering a 20% discount through Sunday with the code:  MOTHERSDAY.

9.  If you need a healthy daily dose of reality, as well a good chuckle, you must follow @womenirl on Insta! Their posts are hilarious.

10.  I absolutely MUST find a place in our house for this pillow!

That about wraps it up in terms of what I'm swooning over this week, but before I go, I wanted to share a little about a new series that I'm excited to be bringing to the blog.

Lately I've been feeling a bit "stuck in a rut" when it comes to meal planning and ideas for what to make for dinner. It seems I've been using some of the same recipes on heavy rotation around here, and I'm totally bored.

So, despite the fact that I am in no way, shape, or form, a food blogger, I've decided that I'm going to begin writing a weekly post, entitled "What's for Dinner".  I generally sit down to write my grocery list and outline what we'll be having for dinner for the week on Sundays, so look for these posts on either Sunday evenings, or on Monday along with our "Weekend Recap".

These posts are meant to provide some inspiration for those of you looking to try something new.  They won't necessarily be original recipes (although some will be), but more or less, they'll be a list of 5 meal ideas (give or take), with links, from Pinterest, food blogs, magazines, and other sources.

I'm hopeful that these posts will inspire me to be a bit more creative and motivated to find new and fun recipes to try, and that sharing them here will be helpful to you as readers. By all means, if you have some of your own tasty go-to recipes, I'd love to hear about them, so feel free to comment, or send along a link! I'm really looking forward to getting started on this.

In the meantime, I hope you all have a great weekend!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics