Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Things

We've been having a lot of fun around here preparing for Easter.  

I always loved holidays as a kid, and still do, so I try as hard as I can to make them fun and exciting for M&E, all while instilling in them a sense of tradition that we can carry on as they continue to grow.  

It's important to me that one day they will be able to look back and remember their mom making each and every holiday a special and exciting time for them.


With that being said, naturally I took to Pinterest (you can follow me here) to hunt for some Easter inspired crafts and recipes.

These bunny crayons were super simple to make and turned out so cute.  Max kept asking me if he could eat one when they were done.  I think he thought I was making cookies, even though he helped me put the pieces of crayon into the molds.  We found our mold at Joann Fabrics on sale, but you can also order one here.

{bunny garland is from Target, last year.  Similar here}

I realize it's a bit late in the game now, but if you are looking for a free DIY Easter garland idea, I picked up some paint swatches from Lowe's, traced an egg shape on them, cut a bunch out, punched holes in the tops, and then used bakers twine to string them together and hang from our mantle.  The color possibilities/combinations for this craft are really endless.



We stuck with what was familiar when it comes to egg dying this year, and went with one of the Paas kits, that are easy to set up and use.  We did pick up an adorable decorating kit at Target, and Max had a lot of fun sticking stickers all over our eggs and coloring on them with markers.

These Rice Krispie eggs were a blast to make, and since I gave up sweets for Lent, I will take Max's word for it, and assume they were pretty tasty.





Now I'm just looking forward to some quality family time together this weekend, Easter Mass on Sunday morning, baked ham, and watching M&E hunt for eggs before tearing these baskets apart!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
-Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics