Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Life Lately

I totally dropped the ball this past weekend and didn't get the chance to post one of my weekly "Swoon Worthy" posts.  Then, before I knew it, Monday came and went, without the publishing of a "Weekend Recap" (#bloggerfail).  Now, here it is Tuesday, and I am finally getting the chance to sit down at my computer to write a little blurb and fill you all in on where the heck I've been, because I am sure you are dying to know.

Lately, life has been a whirlwind of potty training, toddler tummy issues, teething, and... on much a higher note, my mother in law came to visit this past weekend and gave Mike and I a (very) much needed break.  Some friends of ours came to visit, and thanks to Nana, we finally got to get out for some adult time, for the first time in way, way too long.

I have a tendency to get so caught up in the day to day routine around here with M&E, that I forget how much fun it is to escape every once in awhile and decompress.  We got to enjoy dinner out Friday night, and then even hit up the horse track with our friends (a pretty big deal around these parts this time of year). As expected, though I couldn't wait for some times sans kiddos, as soon as I was away, I missed them like crazy.




On Monday, it was right back to business as usual, with an early morning trip to the doctor's for Max... which was not exactly how I wanted to kick off the week, but our poor little guy has been having some digestive issues, and wasn't feeling so hot.

Now that we are settling back into the swing of things, I have some upcoming blog posts on my mind. I'd like to share some of the details from our little potty training adventure, seeing as it was (shockingly) successful... I know it helped me to read what other parents had tried, so I'm hoping to offer some insight, even though I am, by no stretch, an expert on the topic.

There will also be some other exciting posts/changes coming in the near future... but for now, I felt the need to catch you all up to speed on why I was a little absent this week.  As always, you can find me on Instagram (@contemporarydomestics), in between blog posts.

Hope you're all having a great week!

                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics