Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Chunky Knit Boot Cuffs | A Pattern

I seriously freaking love boot weather, between my riding boots, my Hunters, and my Bean boots, I just can't get enough... so I decided to share my super easy, super fast pattern for these chunky knit boot cuffs with you!  If you don't knit, it's totally okay, I've got you covered too.  You can find them in my shop in a wide variety of colors and 2 different yarn choices.




Okay friends who knit.  This project couldn't be easier.  The cuffs can be knit in the round if you so choose, but I knitted them flat and seamed them together in the end... mostly because I couldn't find my circular needles when I started making them, but that's neither here nor there.

With this pattern you will end up with a boot cuff that measures approximately 5 inches in height and around 11.5 inches in circumference, with plenty of stretch... they fit around my runner's calves, so believe me when I say there is give.  You could easily make these longer too if you wish, just continue the stockinette stitch until the desired length is achieved.

Materials:
US size 13 knitting needles
Super Bulky Yarn ( I like Lion Brand Thick and Quick Wool Ease)
Large yarn needle

Instructions:
Cast on 28 stitches
Rows 1-8: Knit 2, Purl 2
Rows 9-16, Stockinette Stitch (Knit the right side, purl the wrong side)
Cast off, leaving a long tail (at least 12 inches)
Using yarn needle, sew short sides together, with right sides facing each other, in whatever method you choose.
Reverse so the right side is facing out.

Now... make another so you have a pair, and wear them with your favorite pair of boots.

I hope you enjoy the pattern.  Any questions, feel free to ask, and if your on Instagram and you make these, snap a photo and use the hashtag #lpbpatterns so I can see your work!
-J


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics