Monday, June 30, 2014

Ella Rose's 2 Month Check Up

Our sweet little Ella Rose turned 2 months old on the 23rd. Seeing as Mike and I are clearly expert parents at this point (insert sarcasm), our pediatrician gave us permission to skip a one month check up unless we had any concerns. Since Ella is pure perfection, we opted to oblige... So today was her first check up since the one she had when she was just a few days old and peed all over the scale (twice).


Today she weighed in at a whopping 11 pounds 7 ounces and was 23 inches long. 50th percentile for both, growing like a weed.

Her first shots went pretty much as expected. Ella doesn't cry much, but when she does, it is a high pitched shriek that can be heard for miles.


I know this picture is sad, so please let it be known that there was lots of hugs and kisses and comforting... It just had to be documented. At least she's still cute even when she is furious!

In other news, we had quite an eventful weekend (for us).




Friday was full of the usual craziness that comes with spending your days with an infant and a toddler. While Max napped, I snapped a few (hundred) photos of Ella. Are chubby baby thighs not the cutest?

A few times lately I have found myself feeing guilty for taking and/or posting more photos of Ella than Max on my Facebook page for our family and friends to see, but I have to remind myself of just how many photos I took and posted of him at the same age, and then it seems only fair that Ella gets her time in the limelight as well. That being said, I am making a valid effort to capture every living moment of both of my babes equally. The struggle is real folks.


It was Mike and my 4 year wedding anniversary last Thursday, and in a great-minds-think-alike moment, we both purchased each other Fitbits as a gift (romantic I know, but there were roses and thoughtful cards as well).

Truth be told, I kind of had a feeling that was what I was getting, and thought it would be both fun and motivating if we each had one, since we love a little friendly competition.


It was pure brilliance while I spent all of Friday morning hundreds, if not thousands, of steps ahead... Only to have Mike blow me away in the afternoon while he was out touring the city of Pittsburgh by foot for work while I was stuck in the house nursing Ella and folding laundry while Max slept.

As soon as he woke up, I strapped Ella to me and decided it was time for a stroll.
In theory I saw myself catching up to Mike by doing a few down and backs on our road with the kids. In reality, Max stopped every two seconds to collect rocks, sticks, leaves, etc. Despite a valid effort and several laps around our kitchen table, Mike won that day, but the motivation is certainly there now.


On Saturday we went to a party at a friend's house. Max had such a blast playing with the other kids, and even took a break to entertain himself by removing ice cubes, one at a time, from the large bucket of adult beverages to fill his water bottle with. He entertained all of us when he dropped his drawers while running across the yard due to the weight of his sopping wet shorts from crouching in a puddle made by said ice cubes. Ahhhh, toddlers!

That's about it for now... Here's to another wild and crazy week of fun and lots of iced coffee. Wishing you a lovely week ahead.
-J





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics