Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday... All week long I've been a day ahead. Perhaps because we're heading towards a long weekend and I know Mike will be home an extra day to help deal the craziness that has basically become the norm around here lately. In my mind it's Thursday, and I'm just going to go with it!


It's about a billion degrees outside, and humid enough to turn my hair into a frizzy mess the second I walk out the door. I know poor Max is dying to play outside, but he settled for a smoothie and playing with blocks for the afternoon when I promised him we would play outside after his nap... Hopefully by then it won't feel like a sauna outside.



Ella has been both cranky and sleepy after her shots the other day, nothing unmanageable, she just seems to either want to be eating every moment she is awake or she is sucking on her hands in an effort to eat.



Unfortunately I have been dealing with the fact that our beloved hound, Homer, has been having some health issues... This has had me worrying through the nights and guzzling iced coffee during the day. We're hopeful to have it worked out/managed in the near future. 

Anyhow, I'm super obsessed with coconut flavored iced coffee right now. It's summer in a mason jar with a shot of caffeine (or 10 if you're drinking it as much as I am).



I did manage to work on a few projects over the last couple of days in all of my spare time. I finally tackled some knitting, and turned those DIY tassels I posted about recently into some DIY jewelry.



In other news we obviously managed to make it to Target this week too. Only once so far, which is surprising seeing as we are usually there at least 3 days a week. We picked up a few things for this weekend's festivities and Max nearly poked his eye out waving his new flag around. All in all, good trip.


Hopefully the rest of the week goes by fast so we can all get to the fun stuff!
-J








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics