Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mason Jar Succulent Pots


Let it be known, that I LOVE mason jars. I also just adore succulents... Not only because they're the cutest little cacti (are they cacti?) ever, but also because they are tough to kill, and I've been known to murder a plant or two in my lifetime.

I've seen a lot of inspiring mason jar craft ideas on Pinterest, and decided I wanted to combine my love of these sweet little plants and the ever popular Ball jar.

Naturally, I decided to paint them gold, simply because I just can't get enough of that lovely metallic color lately.

This DIY project was inexpensive, simple, and quick... Just the way I like a project to be.

Materials:
Rustoleum Metallic spray paint in Metallic Gold
4 oz. Ball mason jars
Mini succulent plants



Instructions:
1. Thoroughly wash and dry mason jars. You may even want to wipe them down with some rubbing alcohol to eliminate oil from finger tips.
2. In a well ventilated area, lightly coat each jar with spray paint and allow to dry per directions on can.
3. Add another coat of paint and allow to dry.
4. If desired, add a coat of clear matte spray paint to help seal.
5. Place succulents in jars, and swoon over the cuteness.


It doesn't get any easier than that right?
-J

3 comments:

  1. This project is a mixture of all my favorite things - succulents, gold, & mason jars! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will be on my list-so cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics