Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Work(s) In Progress

It's been awhile since I have done a "crafty" post and showed you all what I'm currently working on. While I promise I have plenty more DIY tutorials up my sleeve for the future, I figured I'd share a little of what I've been working on as of late.



It's kind of funny really, I generally tend to do so much more knitting and crocheting in the cooler months. I feel like the two go hand in hand with cold days spent cuddled up under a quilt while sipping on a good cup of hot cocoa (spiked with some Bailey's better yet), but lately I've really been in a non-stop knitting and crocheting mode. As much as I enjoy time spent sitting at my sewing machine and sprawling out with the many other craft projects I like to take on, there is just something about the portability of yarn and needles/hooks. This comes in especially handy when you have 2 little ones who don't like to stay in one place for very long.




 I recently finished this hand knit tote bag, or "market" bag, as I like to call it. I found some inspiration on Pinterest, and then began mentally planning out a pattern for it since I couldn't find any that I liked after searching the internet. 
I'm really happy with the way it came out, and now I can't stop coming up with different color combinations and designs for it. I'm thinking I will be listing them in my Etsy shop in the near future.




I've hopped on the hexi craze bandwagon and can't get enough of working up This little pattern over the last few days. They're so quick to create, and the color combination possibilities are endless. I'm working on an afgan for my living room that will match these pillows... Although I'm willing to bet that by the time I finish the blanket, I will have bought new pillows. Story of my life.



I also recently finished this chunky knit heart blanket. I have been trying to work out a pattern/idea for some baby blankets, and this was the result of my first attempt. I still have a few kinks to work out, but it's getting there.




Otherwise, we've been enjoying the summer by spending lots of time outside, going for long walks, playing in the water, and grilling... Max makes a great hamburger!


Hope you're all enjoying your summer and taking the time to do things you enjoy!
-J




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics