Monday, July 28, 2014

A Case of the Mondays

Another summer weekend has come and gone, and here it is Monday again. Our weekend started off both busy and chaotic, and ended with all of us spending the day in pajamas on the couch.

Max has caught a case of the summer sniffles, and it seems to be starting to catch up to the rest of us too. 

Is there anything worse than a busy toddler with a runny nose?


On Friday we had a lunch/play date with friends... This entailed Max and his friend, Kylie, first tearing apart the inside of our house, and then the outside. When the playing was over and Max was down for his nap, I spent my afternoon fishing sidewalk chalk out of our kiddie pool and the water table. Toddler antics at their best.



Then Ella and I spent some serious time bonding together, you can tell by the look on her face just how serious this really was.

On Saturday, Mike and I had a wedding to attend. I can't tell you the last time I left my kids for more than an hour, so preparing for this took the better part of the morning.


We had a blast at the wedding, (a little bit too much fun), and got in some much needed "adult" time.

Sunday was my 32nd birthday, and it was completely uneventful. I'm not complaining though, a lazy day snuggling with the fam was just what I needed. 

Mike and the kids gifted me with a day at the spa... A gift that I absolutely cannot wait to take advantage of. We ate pizza, lounged, and recovered from our big night out.


Ella's expression emulates how I felt when I opened my gift. Sheer joy.


Today we woke up to rainy weather, and Max not feeling up to par. A total "case of the Mondays" kind of day. So we're resting up and working on projects in bed, hopeful that tomorrow we'll be feeling better and be ready to conquer the world... And my mile long to-do list!




Happy Monday to you!
-J






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics