Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend Recap

I feel like I say this all the time, but seriously, where has the time gone? With the blink of an eye, the first weekend of August has come and gone, and summer is flying by at warp speed.


We kicked off Saturday with a picnic in the park... Something that's been on my summer bucket list and needed to happen. The weather was perfect, and Max had a blast running around and getting dirty.



You can tell by the look on his face here, that he was up to no good.

We capped off the day with our favorite go-to steak salad topped with roasted cherry tomatoes, roasted potatoes, red onion and Gorgonzola cheese, dressed with a nice light balsamic vinaigrette. It's seriously my favorite salad, ever!


Sunday morning was rainy and dreary... The perfect kind of weather to indulge in a trip to Target. All was fine and good until a full blown thunder storm broke out and we had to ride it out in Starbucks, where Max shouted, "thunder, loud!" on repeat long enough that I felt guilty for disturbing the peace and decided I was brave enough to venture to the car in the monsoon outside.



Despite getting soaked, it was a successful morning, due to the fact that our Target haul included this amazing find...


Starbucks cold brew... my life is now complete!

Rainy Sundays really lend well to supporting one's iced coffee addiction, love of crocheting, and need to binge watch Friday Night Lights while my kids slept!


(Keep an eye out for these hand crocheted Mommy & Me cowls, I will be adding them to the shop soon!)

It was a good weekend! Hope you all have a fabulous week!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics