Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Spring Is In the Air...

I look forward to it every year... Those first few warm spring-like days, the melting snow, that impending feeling of new beginnings... But this year it's all just a little bittersweet.


There are a lot of big changes coming in the near future for our family, the details of which are not entirely in place yet, so it will be a little longer until I can really "spill the beans" and explain exactly what I mean by all of this.

What I can tell you is that we are preparing to put our house on the market, which as I'm sure many of you know full well, means lots of projects, cleaning, purging, and organizing. So if it seems I've been a little bit absent lately, in terms of this blog, that should help to explain why.

{Before Demo}

We began renovations on our one and only full bathroom last weekend, and because we live in a small old farm-style house, this project has meant some stellar planning on my husband's part to keep our shower/bathtub up and running for as long a time period as possible.  As of now, he has (with the help of a friend) only gotten as far as demoing the existing bathroom (i.e. removal of the vanity, the flooring, and the horrible plaster walls that were in place in there), and some of the electrical work.

{our little helper}

In the meantime, naturally, I've been pinning away on Pinterest for design inspiration... however, we are taking on this renovation with the mindset that we will not be in this house for much longer to enjoy our new bathroom, so I'm not going too crazy with any of the finishing touches.  It seems so funny to me that we are finally closing in on completing all of the work that we knew we wanted to put into this house, just in time to pass it along to someone else, but such is life I guess... on to bigger and better things for us. 

As our family continues to grow, we have very quickly learned that we just need more space, and though like I said before, all of these changes are bittersweet, I am trying to prepare myself for what's to come as much as one possibly can, with mixed feelings of anxiety and excitement, which I suppose is to be expected.


I can't wait to share some photos once the bath is finally done being renovated, along with the rest of our news.

Hope you're all having a great week!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics