Saturday, July 11, 2015

Swoon Worthy

Despite the fact that while roaming the aisles at Target the other day (for things I don't need but undoubtedly ended up in my cart anyway), I discovered that they were beginning to stock their shelves with "Back to School" items, we are still very much in the throws of summer, my friends.

I cringe at the thought of wishing away one of the most cherished seasons, so this Swoon Worthy post is 100% all about summertime favorites.  It's only mid-July, so Carpe Diem, let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Here's what I'm loving lately...



1.  Mike and I are always on the hunt for the perfect summer cocktail.  Generally I stick to white wine, but every once in awhile I step outside of my comfort zone and take a walk on the wild side.  The always inspirational Something to Snack On, posted this killer cocktail recipe awhile back.  If gin is your jam (see what I did there?), than search no further, this concoction is sheer perfection.  Personally, however, I am more of a Vodka girl, so the following is my twist on Caryn's original recipe, which was delightful to sip last night on the deck:

Ingredients

2 oz. vodka
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1-2 Tbs strawberry jam
Splash of club soda or seltzer water
* I chose to omit the simple syrup, because I used homemade jam that was already quite sweet.

In a cocktail shaker, add vodka, lemon juice, jam, and ice cubes. Shake, then strain into a glass with crushed ice, and top with a splash of soda water.  Garnish with a fresh strawberry and enjoy!

2.  Summertime is for freeing our feet and living in sandals... If there is any better combination than chubby baby toes and these, I don't know what it is!

3.  This print screams summer to me, and reminds me of Maine, totally a winning combination if you ask me.  I'd love to hang this in our family room.

4.  The color of this dress, paired with a great tan, have me swooning for sure.

5.  I absolutely adored Judy Blume books when I was growing up, so this latest title from the beloved author is on my summer reading list.

6.  I am on a HUGE strawberry kick lately, so this salsa sounds right up my ally.

7.  I really and truly want one of these bracelets in every color, but the "Portland" really speaks to my heart.

8.  Old Navy is having their huge summer clearance sale right now, and I'm totally digging this tunic as a beach cover up!

9.  Always, always in favor of handmade shops, Wren & James makes the most beautiful items.

10.  I'd buy this candle for its cute nautical design alone, but the scent sounds delicious too!

I hope you all have an amazing summer weekend!

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics