Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Weekend Recap

This past weekend was so, so good.

Despite the fact that initially I wasn't exactly feeling pumped about turning 33, getting to spend a long weekend with the people I love the most really put things into perspective for me... not every day is perfect around here... we have certainly dealt with our fair share of temper tantrums, and 3 am wake up calls lately, but entering my 33rd year, there is no place I would rather be.



On Saturday we hit up the fair, where Max literally could not get enough of the animals, and kept asking if he could ride them, as in... "I wanna ride the pig", "I wanna ride the donkey", "I wanna ride the cow"... you get the idea.

Ella was a little reluctant at first but eventually decided she liked the doggies... to Ella, at the moment, every animal we come across is a doggy.



On Monday, we decided to head to Saratoga Springs for my birthday, and check out the racetrack.  It's a pretty big deal around here during the summer months, and we were dying to see what the hype was all about.

It was certainly an experience, and though it might have been more enjoyable sans double stroller and 90 degree heat, it was still a really good time.

We had our first Shake Shack experience (which also lived up to the hype), bet on horses (Mike won, I did not), and the kids enjoyed ice cream, checking out the horses, and playing at the playground.  Mondays are family day at the track, so it worked out great.





Now we're heading into our first heatwave of the summer, with temps in the 90's all week long... trips to the lake/splash pad/pool, will be a necessity to survive I'm sure.

I hope the week is off to a great start for all of you!

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics