Saturday, July 25, 2015

Swoon Worthy

Happy weekend friends!  Mike and I spent our Friday evening watching a riveting (insert sarcasm here) documentary on the making of Sriracha, while sipping on summery cocktails.


The paloma was our beverage of choice, and though it was my first time making/drinking them, they turned out to be the perfect selection, seeing as it was #nationaltequiladay. 

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a day dedicated to literally everything now?  Either way, I was totally on board to celebrate this one.  Ella has given up her 2nd nap, and is down to 1 a day, and Max seems to have given up napping all together this past week... meaning no more napping at the same time.  Translate that into I'm-losing-my-mind-and-tequila-was-the-perfect-anecdote.

Alright, enough with my incessant ranting... Let's get down to it.  Here's the recipe for the palomas, as well as the list of things I am currently swooning over...

1.  The paloma... an incredibly refreshing, citrusy, summertime cocktail.  Here's how we made ours:

Ingredients

tequila blanco
grapefruit juice (generally fresh, but we used Simply Grapefruit juice)
fresh lime juice
club soda
lime for garnish
ice

mix 1-1.5 shots of tequila, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, .5 shot of simple syrup, and squeeze of fresh lime juice.  pour over ice and top with 1/4 cup club soda. garnish with lime.

2.  Beyond in love with this shop's beautiful prints.

3.  I may be late to the game on this one, but were you guys aware that H&M sells stuff for your home?  I had no idea, but they have some great stuff!


4.  If you follow me on Instagram (@contemporarydomestics), you might have caught this dessert dip that I made this week.  It. Is. So. Good.

5.  One of my favorite stores is offering 20% off all weekend, time to stock up on more of my favorites, like these, and these.

6.  This water bottle might just be the perfect companion to take along on my runs while I train for my half marathon.

7.  This shop is offering some great discounts this weekend.  I am dying over their mini hi-lo maxi dresses.


8.  I'm fairly positive that I have posted the link for this recipe before, but we had these tacos again this week, and I was reminded of just how yummy they are!

9.  I love this super simple, but genius idea from Pinterest.  Max would be all over this!

10.  I would like one of these dresses in every color.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  We're off to the fair...

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics