Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Crocheted Mini Bunting

I recently whipped up this mini bunting to hang in Ella's nursery, and I couldn't be more thrilled with the way it turned out.  I love the touch of whimsy and the punch of color it adds to her room.

I wanted to share the super simple pattern that I came up with, if any of you just so happened to want to create one of your own.  What I love most about this project is that it can be made in an endless amount of color combinations, and that you can really make the bunting in any size.

I wanted this one on the smaller side, but it can certainly be made larger, and longer.

The best part?  If you can crochet a single crochet stitch, and a slip stitch, you can totally make one of these... and if not, there's always Youtube.



materials
yarn in colors of your choosing
appropriate size crochet hook for the thickness of yarn you will be using

*** I used a size F crochet hook and Caron Simply Soft yarn


pattern

start by chaining 2

in first chain from hook, make 2 sc. chain 1 and turn.

make 2 sc in each stitch (4 sc). chain 1 and turn.

*make 2 sc in first stitch and 1 sc in each stitch across. chain 1 and turn.*

continue from * to * until bunting is desired size (I ended mine when I had 12 stitches across).

break off yarn, and weave in ends.


for crocheting the bunting pieces together...

chain stitch until you reach desired length, then slip stitch across the top of each piece of bunting, continuing at the end, until number of stitches matches the number you had before first piece of bunting (mine was 20 chains on each end of the bunting).



I am certainly not an expert pattern writer, so if you have any questions about the way this one was written, please feel free to ask me.  Happy hooking!

                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics