Friday, July 3, 2015

Maine ❤️


For those of you who might happen to be new around here (welcome!), you may or may not already know, that despite the fact that we are currently dwelling in New York, I was actually born and raised in the beautiful state of Maine.

A little over 8 years ago, I packed my bags and took off to Baltimore to be with my husband, who was working there at the time. Shortly later, we headed for his hometown of Pittsburgh where we finally settled down, bought a house, and started a family. 

I love (loved) Pittsburgh. I love my husband and his wonderful family. I adore all of our friends there. I love New York too.  I'm very happy here.

You know what I also love though? MAINE! My family and friends that are still there, the ocean, the food, the shops... and every other little last thing about it!!!

So, as you can probably imagine, a few months ago, when I first got word of our impending move to NY, I was ecstatic to learn that our new home would only be about a 4.5 hour jaunt to Maine by car. 

Last weekend, I put my big girl panties on, stocked up on veggie sticks, fruit snacks and diapers (you know, the essentials), and then I loaded M&E, along with all of our junk, into my car and we took off for Vacationland...  that's right, just the 3 of us!  

The drive was only slightly painful at parts, but the weekend, was pure perfection. It felt beyond amazing to see our loved ones and visit some of our favorite spots.  I literally cannot wait to head back again in the near future.

In the meantime, I thought I would share a few photos, along with some of the links, to a few of the places that we visited and love in the greater Portland area...











And... because poor Mike couldn't make the trip with us, we brought back some lobster meat and made him lobster rolls to cheer him up!

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics