Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What's Going In My Hospital Bag | For Mama

So I know there are like a billion and one blog posts, articles, and Pinterest pins out there telling you what is absolutely essential to pack in your hospital bag when the time comes to prepare for the birth of your baby, but I figured, since I seem to be becoming an old pro at this by now (and because I'm nosey and love to know what other people put in their bags), that I would share what's going in my hospital bag for the delivery of baby number 3! 

There are so many things that the hospital provides for you (mesh underwear, pads, diapers, nipple cream, etc.), and I like to take full advantage of the SWAG, but there are also some things a lady just needs to have in order to feel as comfortable as one can after birthing a tiny human. 

So, without further ado, here are some of the things that are going in my bag...


For me, comfort is key, particularly when it comes to clothing, so I always pack soft and loose fitting pajama/yoga pants and shirts, some super cozy socks and my favorite slippers, a warm robe, and a sports bra style nursing bra &/or tanks.

When it comes to nursing (if you decide to go that route), I also like to have a boppy pillow to support that tiny babe, a nursing cover (I realize not everyone feels the need to cover up, but I like to have one on hand for all of the visitors who will be popping in and out), and lots of fluids to keep myself hydrated... I don't know why, but Vitamin Water is my go-to beverage of choice every time that I have a baby!

A couple of absolute necessities for me, are a camera, and my phone (don't forget your charger), or a tablet to upload those photos to, and for sharing them with friends and family.  Also, in the off chance that you might have some down time (if you're lucky enough to have a newborn who sleeps), it's great to have a tablet/phone to read, surf the internet, online shop from your hospital bed, etc.

Oh, and another thing... I always bring a comfortable pillow from home... the ones at the hospital are generally paper thin and not very cushy!

Naturally you'll want to pack some toiletries to help you feel human again... A toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, soap, deodorant... and because I'm a little bit crazy, I like to pack a blow dryer, brush, comb, and make up!

Lastly, some new and amazing finds that are going in my bag this time, are Oat Mama lactation bars, which are not only a great snack to have on hand, but great for keeping up that energy that I will surely need to keep up with the feeding schedule of a new baby... and a Nuroo Pocket... basically the most amazing invention ever.  I'm all about that skin to skin time that is so important during those first few days, and this super cool shirt is totally going to help with that this time around.

I'll be writing another post in the very near future that will include what's going in my bag for baby, so stay tuned for that!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics