Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ella Rose | 10 Month Update


I'm a few days behind, but couldn't bear break the tradition of blogging Ella's monthly updates.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I truly cannot believe our little lady is 10 months old.  I'm not sure what it is about having kids that makes time suddenly pass at warp speed, but I sure wish that wasn't the way it worked.



{bow | chair}

No sooner did I post Ella's 10 month photos on my Facebook page the other day, proclaiming that she "still had no teeth", did we wake up yesterday morning to find a tiny little tooth poking its way through her gums. She seems to be taking it well, so hopefully this lack of crankiness will last through the budding of all of those adorable baby chicklets.


With each month that passes, our sweet girl's personality seems to blossom just a little bit more.  It should come as no surprise to anyone who knows her father and I, that like her brother, she is not shy, and she is not at all quiet.



Her latest favorite past time seems to be having screaming contests with Max.  The two of them literally go back and forth shrieking at each other, and then they both burst into giggles simultaneously... it is both super cute, and outrageously obnoxious.

As Ella becomes more mobile, she has also become increasingly curious.  She wants to get into, and inspect, anything and everything, particularly our big stone fireplace (which we never had to baby proof with Max).


We have started to mostly give her table foods, whatever we are having, as opposed to purees.  She is an amazing eater, and pretty much takes down everything we put in front of her.  Lately she has been loving broccoli, sweet potatoes, green beans, turkey burgers, chicken, and avocado.  Fingers crossed that she does not become a picky toddler like someone else we know!

She is really starting to sleep a lot better lately.  We aim for 2 scheduled naps a day, and she's been great about sleeping through the night recently.  It's the cutest thing ever when we lay her in crib and she immediately starts sucking on her tiny thumb to soothe herself to sleep.


She loves bath time, bouncing in her bouncer, and playing with her big brother, when he's not saying, "you're in big twouble, Ella", because she touched his cars.  Really though they are the cutest together.  She loves it when Max sits in front of her and grabs her hands to either do "Row Your Boat" or "Pattycake".

I am so in love with watching her grow, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't having a total panic attack about planning another 1st birthday in the near future. Eek!!!

I love you to the moon and back sweet Ella Rose!
-J (Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics