Thursday, October 8, 2015

Pumpkin Dip


Several years ago, back when I was still a working woman, someone in my office brought in the most amazing pumpkin dip for a fall party that we were having.

Naturally, being the pumpkin advocate that I am, I was all about this dip... I kept going back for more (and more).

Because I was feeling the need to replicate the dish at home, of course I asked my co-worker for the recipe.  She listed off the ingredients, which in that moment, I logged in my memory like any good pumpkin lover would.

Over the years, the precise recipe has sort of slipped  from my mind, yet every fall I still manage to whip it up at least a few times, sort of just been winging it when it comes to measurements/exact ingredients. Never the less, it is still always delicious and highly addicting... so last fall, I made it a point to write down exactly what I did, my own sort of rendition of the original recipe, if you will.

This dip requires only a handful of ingredients, most of which you likely already have on hand, and it whips up in moments.  It's great to take to a party... or for hoarding all for yourself... not that I'm encouraging that or anything.



Pumpkin Dip

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese
1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin puree
1.5 cups confectioners sugar
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1/2 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp orange juice

To Prepare

In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer (I use my Kitchenaid for this), cream together the cream cheese and confectioners sugar using a hand mixer (if you do not have a stand mixer).  Add in pumpkin puree and continue to blend. Lastly add the spices and orange juice, until all ingredients are well blended.
Chill until ready to serve.
Serve with Nilla Wafers (my personal favorite), ginger snaps, graham crackers, or whatever you prefer. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. This looks so many levels of amazing. Do you think apple wedges would be good to dip?

    ReplyDelete

 
Real Time Web Analytics