Monday, October 19, 2015

Maternity Must Haves | Part One


Seeing as this is my third pregnancy in the last 4 years, I like to at least pretend that I have a little bit more of a clue this time around then I did during my first pregnancy.

Pregnancy number one included lots of book reading, internet searching, and Pinterest pinning in terms of what I needed, what was happening to my body, and which fruit my baby was shaped like during any given week along the way.

This time around, "ain't nobody got time for that"! So, even though sometimes it feels like I might just be winging it, I thought I would create a little series of lists of my own maternity must haves... perhaps for all of those first timers who are feeling as clueless as I did in the beginning, or maybe even for you seasoned professionals who are looking for some new and fun things to try along the way!

The following is part one of my "must haves":

Olly Prenatal Vitamins- Prenatals are super important during pregnancy.  I prefer the chewy variety, and I love this brand that can be found at Target.

Honest DHA Complete- First of all, this stuff is strawberry flavored, which means no weird after taste, but more importantly, this stuff includes Omega 3's and Vitamin D, and promotes fetal brain and eye development.

Maternity Tee- I literally own these in every color they sell.  they are incredibly comfortable, the long fit covers your growing belly, and they look great paired with maternity jeans, yoga pants, and even over a long tank and leggings.

Refresh Oil-  With this pregnancy, I've been getting a lot of headaches and have been feeling drained.  I'm not big on taking anything for the headaches (not that there's much you can take while pregnant anyway), so I keep this stashed in my purse, and roll it on my wrists, behind my ears, and even under my nose when I'm feeling tired, or when I feel a headache coming on.

Belly Butter- I've been fortunate, thus far, to not have experienced too many stretch marks, but I certainly have experienced the itchiness that comes with stretching skin and a quickly growing belly, this stuff helps to soothe that, and may just be the secret for continuing to avoid those stretch marks.

Maternity Leggings- Hands down, my number one must have!  I cannot live without a good pair(s) of maternity leggings, I even wear them when I'm not pregnant!  They are comfortable, cover/support my belly, and can be dressed up or dressed down, depending what they are paired with!

Preggy Pops Drops- Thanks to lots and lots of first trimester nausea this time around, pregnancy number 3 has provided me with a reason to try these for first time.  They honestly taste great (particularly the green apple flavor), and for some reason sucking on them does seem to at least tame the nausea a bit.

Stay tuned for more maternity must haves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics