Thursday, January 7, 2016

27 Week Bumpdate

True to form, I am WAY behind on documenting this pregnancy (#thirdbabyproblems).  It has been quite awhile since my last "bumpdate", and though not much has changed since then, I was feeling like a little documentation was long overdue.


We have officially hit the 27 week mark, which according to my baby tracking app, means our little mister is about the size of a head of cauliflower and weighs approximately 2 pounds.

The reality that I will soon be a mom of three is starting to hit me, hard.  To say that I'm beginning to feel a little bit anxious about how the heck I am going to wrangle all of these tiny humans on a day to day basis, would be the understatement of the century... I am freaking out!!!  Deep down, I know that I can, and will manage, but the fear of the unknown is always a little scary.

This little guy loves to kickbox me from the inside, and seems to have the hiccups on the regular.


I'm hoping that he can hear, and already knows, just how much he is loved and adored by his big brother and sister, as they are constantly asking about him.  Ella likes to pull up my shirt, say "hi baby!", and give him kisses.  Max asks me, almost daily, when his "baby bruder" will be done growing or cooking so that he can sit with him and hold him.  The excitement I feel about seeing the 3 of them together for the first time is mounting daily.



As expected, I am feeling HUGE this time around.  My weight gain has actually been pretty in check, but as previously mentioned, I began this pregnancy heavier than I would have liked, so daily tasks, such as putting on socks and shoes, have become a full blown Olympic sport leaving me out of breath and exhausted.  I can no longer paint/trim my own toes nails... so I guess a pedicure is in order.

As far as cravings go, my two go-to meals lately have been a multi-grain waffle topped with peanut butter, banana, and honey... I could pretty much eat PB on everything right now... and Caprese sandwiches.  Something about the combination of fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar on a baguette, just makes me really, really happy.



I have my next doctor's appointment next week, where I will have to endure the dreaded glucose test, but otherwise, I am feeling really good.  Thankfully I am still able to sleep at night, and have only experienced a few of those absolutely horrible middle-of-the-night leg cramps that pregnant women are prone to, thus far.  My goodness do those hurt!

The weeks seem to be flying by, and though in many ways, that is good... I don't think I will be upset if the last trimester drags a little.  I really want to enjoy these finally months as a family of four, before we jump headfirst into the wonderful world of newborn-dome again.  Still, it goes without saying, that I can't wait to meet this little man for the first time!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics