Thursday, June 2, 2016

Quick & Easy Taco Lettuce Wraps


I love Mexican food.

If it was up to me, we would seriously have it three times a week for dinner.

Unfortunately for me, my husband doesn't share the same feelings about it.  He tolerates it.  So, occasionally it makes its way into the weekly menu rotation around here.


Whenever he is away, I like to take full advantage, and whip up a bunch of my favorites to indulge in in his absence.

Recently, I was inspired, when my friend Erika posted a photo of some taco lettuce wraps on her Instagram feed.

Seeing as I'm currently attempting to work my way back to some form of a pre-baby bod, these totally appealed to me, so I decided to whip up a batch of my own.


This version honestly couldn't be quicker and easier to throw together, they're low in fat and calories, are totally versatile when it comes to toppings, and they require minimal ingredients.

Here's what you need...

Ingredients:

1 pound of lean ground turkey or ground beef
1/2 of a small yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup of frozen yellow corn
1/2 a can of Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles
1 package of taco seasoning
1 pkg Hearts of Romaine
1 Tbs olive oil
additional toppings of your choice (I went with diced avocado and a few dashes of hot sauce, but you could totally throw shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, etc. on top)

Instructions:

In a skillet over medium heat, add diced onion to olive oil and sauté until soft and translucent.

Add in ground meat and cook until no longer pink.

Add the taco seasoning, following the directions on the package, as well as the Rotel and corn.  Allow to cook for a few minutes, until sauce thickens and corn is no longer frozen.

Clean and separate Romaine lettuce leaves.

Spoon taco meat mixture onto lettuce leaves and top with desired toppings.

Enjoy!

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics