Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Dark Chocolate Pretzel Sea Salt Bark


You know how there are just some combinations that seem like they were destined for each other?  Like peanut butter & jelly, and ketchup and mustard?

That's kind of how I feel when sweet and salty items are paired together... as though the sweetness of chocolate, paired with the crunchiness of pretzels and the saltiness of coarse sea salt are a match made in Heaven.


Recently, I was standing in the checkout line at Target of all places (shocker, I know), and I grabbed a bag of chocolate pretzel bark during a moment of weakness.  Naturally, it was so delicious, that I was hesitant to share it with my kids, and wanted to hoard it all for myself... but it got me thinking about how simple it would be to make my own version at home.

You guys, this "bark" could not be easier to make.  It is so delicious that you will want to eat it all yourself, but coincidentally, it would be great to package up and give as a gift... if you can bear it.



Ingredients


1 pkg of Ghirardelli dark melting wafers

2 cups of pretzels
coarse sea salt

Directions


melt the chocolate according to the instructions on the package (there is a microwave and a stove top option).

place pretzels in a large ziplock bag, and crush them with a rolling pin.
on a baking sheet, lined with a silpat or parchment paper, pour half of the chocolate, and spread it into a thin even layer with a spatula.
sprinkle the crushed pretzels on top of the chocolate while it is still warm.
top with remaining chocolate, and gently spread it, so that it coats the pretzels.
sprinkle sea salt on top (use as much or as little as you like).
allow to cool, and then break into non-uniform pieces.




xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics