Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Cape Cod Weekend Rewind

This past weekend can be best summed up in the following photos.  Peaceful, relaxing, serene, and full of laughs, great company, amazing food, and lots of wine (for everyone but me, of course!)


I literally never go away with out my husband and kids... really and truly, NEVER!  So a few months ago, when all of the women in my family began planning a weekend away together at my Aunt and Uncle's summer home in Cape Cod, I was both excited and hesitant.

Naturally, I was thrilled at the idea of spending time with all of the wonderful women in my family, and at the notion of a few days worth of "me time", but hesitant, because just the thought of leaving Max and Ella for a full 2 days and nights had me feeling immediately anxious.

Low and behold though, I put on my big girl pants, and hit the road for a few days with my family near the beach.


Cape Cod is insanely beautiful, and I had such a blast exploring, shopping, snacking, and just hanging around with my family.

It was a great trip, and a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my sister, cousins, and aunts.





It felt so amazing to be instantly bombarded by M&E yelling "MOMMY!!!" the moment I walked through the door.

I'm still not sure that I feel great about leaving them for solo trips often, but a few days away was just what this mama needed to feel a little refreshed and totally appreciated upon returning home!

I hope you're all having a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics