Thursday, November 12, 2015

I Have a Confession to Make...


I've seen a lot of my blogger friends posting these so-called "confession" blog posts, where they divulge a bunch of random truths about their day to day lives.  The posts are super entertaining, and I thoroughly enjoy reading them, so I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and try my hand at a similar style post.

I generally like to keep things pretty lighthearted and somewhat edited around here, but sometimes I think it can be really refreshing to read the unedited version of people's lives.

So, here goes nothing...

1.  Kids with runny noses pretty much gross me out more than anything.  I can handle explosive diapers, cleaning up vomit, and most other yucky things, but seeing a kid walking around with their nose running into their mouth makes me want to hurl.  M&E have had colds the majority of this fall season, and you better believe that I have tissues on hand 100% of the time and that I am constantly chasing them around to wipe their noses.

2.  I recently took on a work-from-home position with my husband's company to help him out while he is working out of town here in NY, and I am seriously questioning if I have bit off more than I can chew.  Between blogging, running a small handmade company, being pregnant, and taking care of 2 kids, I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm in over my head... however, I know there are other women out there who do more, so I am sucking it up, adding more coffee to my daily regimen, and plugging through.

3.  I am off to Cape Cod this weekend, for a girl's weekend with a bunch of the ladies in my family.  I am totally looking forward to it, but this is the first time I have ever left my kids (who are 18 months and almost 3.5 years) overnight, other than when I had to leave Max to deliver Ella.  The time away is MUCH needed, but I have serious anxiety about it.  I know my husband will handle things just fine, but I absolutely hate being away from my babies. I'm that crazy mom.

4.  I wish so badly that I was one of those pregnant women who was "all belly", however, when I gain weight, I seem to gain all over.  At 19 weeks in, my hips are huge, my butt is huge, my face is huge... you get the point.  I wish that I craved fruits and veggies and other healthy foods while pregnant, but the truth is, I would much rather indulge on carbs and sweets, so I am seriously in fear of how much work I will have to do after I deliver this baby.

5.  I used to really enjoy styling my hair, putting on make up, and rocking a great outfit, but more often then not lately, I'm lucky if I get to put on bronzer and mascara, the "mom bun" has become my go-to hairstyle, and maternity leggings/yoga pants are my best friend.

6.  I have already started decorating for Christmas.  I realize that many of you will think this is insane, but the holidays are my most favorite time of year, and I am always so depressed about how short the season feels, so I decided this year, that I am an adult, and if I want to decorate early, I can.  Besides, the kids are absolutely thrilled, which makes my heart happy.

I think that about covers it for now.  Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics