Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Week

Yikes has it been hectic around here! Broken record I know, but it's the truth.  Though we had originally planned on traveling for Thanksgiving we decided, last minute, that we would stay at home for a quiet, low key, feast in our pajamas instead.


Between Max being super sick last week, me not feeling 100%, and the chaos that comes with packing little ones in the car for a roadtrip, we just weren't feeling up to it this year, and I'm actually totally okay with it.




We went and tagged an absolutely ginormous Christmas tree the other day at a local tree farm that was recommended to us by our super sweet neighbors.  We may have been a little over zealous in choosing, because after we returned home, we started thinking that the tree we picked might not even fit in our living room... think National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  We are just so excited to have high ceilings this year.  We are heading back today to chop one down, and whether or not the one we tagged will be it, is still up for debate.

Aside from that, I'm cooking up a storm, continuing to decorate for Christmas and preparing to literally eat for two tomorrow.  Thank you maternity leggings! 

I thought I'd share the links for some of our favorite dishes, along with some new ones we're testing out this year.

This pumpkin gingerbread trifle it's an old favorite, and is always a crowd pleaser.  

I feel like Ina the woman to go to when looking for a classic turkey breast recipe.

And... for some nibbles while we wait for the main course, I'm sticking with a cheese plate and these flavored roasted almonds.

Lastly, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of you who take the time to read and support this blog.  What started out as a hobby, has really grown in to some really amazing opportunities for me, and you guys are the reason for that.

It goes without saying that I am also incredibly thankful for my family and friends, our health, the baby currently growing in my belly, and the roof over our heads.

I hope you all have an amazing holiday, full of time spent with your loved ones and amazing food.

I'll leave you with this, because when I saw it, it made my day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics