Saturday, September 20, 2014

Swoon Worthy



This week's edition of Swoon Worthy is brought to you with a side of homemade, fresh out of the oven, cinnamon brown sugar "pop tarts", with maple icing... so naturally they are first on the list of things I am loving this week.

1.  Cinnamon Brown Sugar "Pop Tarts" with Maple Icing
Ingredients:
2 pie crusts (either homemade, or if you're like me, take the help, and buy the store bought kind)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tbs Maple Syrup
1 Tbs milk
1 egg white (beaten)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unroll pie crusts and cut into shapes, squares, circles, whatever you'd like.  I'm obsessed with seasonal/holiday themes, so I used a large pumpkin shaped cookie cutter, and ended up with 6 good sized tarts.  Arrange half of your shapes on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.  In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.  Spoon a heaping tablespoon, or 2 (there's no rules here), onto each pie crust shape.  Using a pastry brush, go around the edge of each shape with your beaten egg white.  Now place the remaining shapes on top, sealing closed with the tines of a fork.  you will also want to use the fork to poke some holes in the top of each shape.  Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.  While tarts bake, mix powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk. When tarts are done baking, remove them from oven, and allow to cool about 5 minutes, before frosting with icing.
Enjoy... and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

2.  This new app might be the most life saving invention ever for parents of little artists.

3.  Simply because I think you need more festive indulgences in your life.

4.  I am seriously obsessed with this Etsy shop.

5.  I love plaid, therefor I love these pants.

6.  Pretty sure I need to find a place for this awesome pumpkin on my mantle.

7.  I adore everything from this lovely shop, but I'm particularly swooning over the closet dividers.

8.  I am fairly certain that I need this T shirt.

9.  Because I obviously need this garland for Halloween.

10.  For any of you who have bottle drinking slobbery babies these bibs are a new favorite of ours.  Gotta protect those little neck rolls.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics