Saturday, October 11, 2014

Swoon Worthy

So I apologize for posting this edition of Swoon Worthy a little late, really, I do, but I just had to take the time to make and photograph something that truly needed to be included.


Allow me to set the scene for you... Last October we attended a fall festival with some friends of ours. It was the typical autumn affair, corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayrides, you know what I mean... but then, something magical happened.  When we stepped up to the concessions stand to order some lunch, my eyes were immediately drawn to one, and only one thing, on the menu; APPLE CIDER SLUSHIES! Yup, apple cider slushies people!

At the time I was pregnant with Ella, but nobody was in on our little secret yet.  The cravings were in full effect though, so when we left the festival, all I could think about were apple cider slushies. I literally dreamt about them.

I was on an all-out  mission to recreate that frosty fall amazingness (not a word, but totally fitting), so after scouring the internet and doing some research, my friend and I discovered that this could, in fact, be done at home.

Now this isn't some fancy tutorial with a million and one steps, all you need is a few key items.  If you have an ice cream maker and some cider, you are golden!  If not, I am going to offer some other suggestions, but I have not personally tried them, so you will have to let me know if they work. Zoku makes a slush maker, that is much cheaper than your standard ice cream maker, so you could give that a whirl.  My other suggestion would be to try filling your ice cube try with cider, freezing it, then place the cubes in a blender, perhaps with a little fresh cider.  Like I said, I'm not sure how these options will work, as I have always just used my trusty KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment.

Ok, Are you ready?  You literally just pour the cider into the ice cream maker and let it work it's magic until it becomes a slush-like consistency.  It takes awhile, so be patient, but that's it!  You can pour in as much or as little as you'd like... trust me though, you'll want more than one cup.

Now, low and behold, here is the list of things I am loving this week:

1.  Of course it's apple cider slushies!!!

2.  I was fortunate enough to be invited to be a part of a book club with some very lovely ladies, our first book is really good so far!

3.  Little Hip Squeaks just released their new fall line, and I am obsessed with all of the fun bright colors.

4.  Disclaimer, I am NOT pregnant right now, but I desperately want this shirt for next time!

5.  My love affair with all things gold continues!

6.  October = Octoberfest... which equals soft pretzels and beer.  This pretzel dip is on my must-make list.

7.  This free Autumn print is a necessity.  Best part, there's one for every season!

8.  These baby Minnetonkas are about the cutest things I've ever seen, and I think they're on sale this weekend!

9.  A little personal plug.  I have just stocked my shop with a whole bunch of colorful and warm new items for fall and winter.  Check it out!

10.  Baby shoe overload in this post, but I just ordered Ella these shoes for the holidays.  You cannot beat the price or the level of adorableness!

Have a great Columbus Day weekend... and go make yourself an apple cider slushie!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics