Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cold Weather Favorites

It seems that the real, true winter is finally upon us here in Pennsylvania.  December was exceptionally mild, but along with a new year have come some unbelievably frigid temperatures.

For the most part, I'd like to stay snuggled up all day inside with M & E and hibernate until Spring... but I suppose that's not really an ideal alternative for dealing with this season.  With that being said, I thought I'd share some of my favorite "cold weather" items, the ones that help me deal with the chill... along with lots of hot coffee and red wine of course.



Also worth noting, I made this tasty Crockpot White Ranch Chicken Chili last night with a few slight modifications (I used smaller navy beans instead of great northern beans, and added a few dashes of cayenne pepper for spice). It was super easy to make, delicious, and the perfect dinner for a chilly night.  We had ours topped with cheese, a dollop of light sour cream, and scallions, along with a side of honey corn bread. I totally recommend it.


And, last but not least... I just added some new hat styles in the shop, because let's be honest, it's going to be cold for awhile longer!

That's about it for now, I hope your all staying warm this week... it's almost Friday!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Real Time Web Analytics