Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Moms Don't Take Sick Days

This past week has been the absolute worst.  It was so far from how I envisioned our family kicking off the new year, I don't even know where to start.

It all started on New Year's Eve Eve, when Max came down with a fever and a cough.  Shortly after, I came down with a sore throat and a cough.

Max is definitely a snuggler, but it's pretty rare for him to fall asleep on me these days... a sure sign that he was really feeling awful.

I had my fingers crossed that it wouldn't pass on to Ella, even though deep down I knew it was inevitable.

Low and behold, a few days later, as soon as Max was feeling better, Ella woke up with a fever and a cough too, shocker, I know.  There is literally nothing in the world worse than a sick baby.  It just makes you feel so helpless.

A trip to our pediatrician confirmed that it was a virus, a "bug" that is going around, and we would have to just wait it out.  Thankfully, within a couple of days, Ella seemed to be feeling better too.

So... after 5 days straight of being stuck in the house with sick kids and not feeling so hot myself, I was desperate to get out.  I was also days behind on packing up Christmas and my house looked still looks like a tornado went through it.

I think Mike could see that I was about to go crazy, because on Saturday afternoon, he told me to take a break for awhile and get out of the house.

Naturally, I ended up at Target.  How cute is this Valentine's Day stuff I scored in the Dollar Spot? Anyhow, while I was there, I started to not feel so hot... light headed, hot flashes, dizzy... the whole bit.  By that evening I was feeling worse than ever.  I'm not exactly sure what I caught, but I can tell you this, I haven't felt that awful in a very, very long time.  As I laid in bed, box of tissues in hand, moaning and groaning, I kept replaying that Dayquil commercial in my head, "mom's don't take sick days"!

Seriously though, when mom is down and out, sh*@ really hits the fan.  I'm thankful to my husband for holding down the fort the best that he could, I mean he took care of M & E, which is all I could really ask for, and he may have washed a dish or two in the process... but when I finally emerged from my dark hole, our house looked even worse than it did when I thought it looked like a tornado had already passed through.

So... as you can imagine, the last day and a half have been a bit hectic.  I'm desperately trying to get things back in order, and playing catch up on all of the things I planned on starting on January 1st.

Max's "big boy" bedroom plan is in full effect ( I promise to share when it's finished), as are about a million and one other projects... pretty typical around here.

We are finally getting snow here today, and it is freezing outside, so we're taking advantage by staying inside and playing/cleaning/jamming out to toddler radio.

I hope you are all having a great week, and for the love of God, please wash your hands and take your vitamins... you do not want what we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics